Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Magic of "Mr. Clean Eraser Magic"

The last month of school I did a slow and steady clean up and reorganizing in my art room.
Unlike my house, (I've been told I am one box away from being a hoarder... arg!) my classroom(s) need to be put away clean and orderly so I don't waist time in the fall trying to get ready for the new school year. (Again this summer there will be a lot of construction within the school so I probably will not be able to get in to set up my room until about a week before school starts. Having two schools to set up, time gets tight.) On the cleaning end of things, I am just loving the "Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, Extra Power." I brought some into school in the spring and found they work fantastic getting permanent marker off the table tops. (-All those tiny dots that soaked through the newspaper we had down on the table...)
The spray the custodian gives me smells nasty so I've been on the hunt for a good solution. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Pads! (The Extra Power ended up the winner for me.)
Just get one wet -no soap- and give a small amount of pressure and poof! black eraser marks are off the tabletops!
So as I did my slow clean, I dumped out all my colored pencils, crayons and Crayola markers and cleaned all the trays they were in. It worked so much faster and with less effort than taking a scrubbie and a gritty cleanser to them. I gave a good once-over to the student chairs and countertops too.
Since spring I've kept a Magic Eraser under the sink for quick clean ups, and plan on continuing this in the fall.
Here is my "Before and After"...

No comments:

Post a Comment